Monday, February 20, 2012

Post #1


I know we're almost 10 months late on this but I couldn't get motivated to get it all going until now. BUT I made a new years resolution to become a blogger and now it's finally happening. Here's a quick recap of the beginning of the year until now.

January flew by! My mom surprised me and stayed with me for a week while Billy was out of town on business. I loved having her here and Billy loved coming home to a house full of goodies! Billy's stayed busy with work but is liking it and I'm still liking my job too. I work at a cute little boutique called Baby Bundles. Can you say "Baby Hungry?" Much to Billy's dismay I'm surrounded by eager pregnant ladies and grandmas who are intent on blowing their inheritance on cute onesies. I have been promised by my husband though that for every month that I'm NOT pregnant he'll buy me a pair of shoes. I think he said it jokingly at first, but after treating myself to a few leopard print shoes I think he's realizing I took him up on the offer!

February's already on it's way too. We met up with Bob and Beth, some college friends of Billy's, in Cincinnati for a day and had a blast. We went to the ONLY Gap/Banana Republic Clearance Center which was an adventure. All of the clothes that are returned end up at this store. You can find some great deals but it's totally hit or miss as it's also a graveyard for ripped, stained, and otherwise unwearable clothes. I found a few cute tops and Billy found a couple of gems as well. 

We got lunch at a restaurant that overlooks the Ohio River called The Montgomery Inn. The BBQ was delish!


I've also made some good friends out here which I've loved! Julie, (the blond in the picture below) lives in the same condos as we do and lives 3 doors down with her husband, Scott. We're both involved with the Young Women in our ward and she's become and honorary "sissy" (sister). I love having her so close! Katie, the brunette, is also great. We just found out that night we all went to dinner that she and her hubby, Thomas, are pregnant! Ya hear that Billy!? I still miss Liza and Jess but it's been so nice to get to make some good friends out here.


That's it for Post #1. I'll try to be good about keeping up but don't hold me to it!

7 comments:

  1. Good blog! Love it! And I got to read Eliza's blog too. Now I won't be so out of loop with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther! I just found your blog through Ashley Walter's blog. What a happy surprise. I hope you're loving the Midwest. I miss my beloved Ohio. Keep up with the blogging, lady!

    -Libby (thehannibalfamily.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby! I am so glad you found my blog so now I can read yours! I loved catching up on your life and congrats on the little one...that's so exciting! I am enjoying the Midwest, except for the crazy tornado weather :) Hope you're doing great!

      Delete
  3. you are too cute! and scott and i have totally eaten at the montgomery inn restaurant you're at! i don't know if you knew but we used to live in cincinnati and will probably be living there again at some point since that is where p&g is headquartered. do you think you guys will be living permanently where you're at? i can't wait to see more posts coming... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess- That's so fun that y'all use to live in Cincinnati! We are in Lexington, so about an hour and a half from there. We've been to Cincinnati a few times for little days trips and it's a really fun city. I loved the Montgomery Inn and how it looked over the Ohio River. We will probably be here for a few years, maybe? We'll see I guess, but we do like it here. That would be fun if y'al did move back and we would be pretty close! Hope you and your fam are doing well... I love reading all your fun posts. It looks like y'all had a blast in NOLA...wish we could've been there!

      Delete